BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lush Haul

For the past few weeks I have been watching videos online and reading blogs about Lush. I had heard of them before but I didn't realize they had such a cult following until recently. Since I live in NYC I was lucky enough to go to an actual Lush store (not one in a Macy's, etc) and get a full product breakdown. Of course I fell in love with the products and decided to start out small for my first visit. I ended up buying Flying Fox Shower Gel and their blueberry mask called Catastrophe Cosmetic.


I tried the mask first and was instantly in love. It left my skin so smooth and soft and took out all my imperfections. Flying Fox also smells divine to me. I know a lot of people are iffy about the smell but I think it is amazing!

Of course, less then 3 days later I ended up going on the website and ordering all these Retro Lush products that are no longer available in the store and I will do another mini Lush Haul when I get them. However, that wasn't enough! One week from the day of my first purchase I went back to the store and now, better equipment with my Lush knowledge I ended up getting enough products to satisfy me for a while. I was picking up bath bombs, soaps, and bath bars when I figured out it would be more price efficient for me to just get one of their pre wrapped gifts since it already contained everything I already had in my basket. So I ended up getting Viva Lush Vegas Gift Set.
From left to right: Comforter Bubble Bar, Sex Bomb, Sexy Peel Soap, Avobath, The Joy of Jelly, and missing from the picture is the Play Your Card Right Massage Bar.

Since I am new to the Lush world I haven't had a chance to try all of these items out yet but I am super excited! I have only ever heard great things about all these products so I can't wait.

Since I have more Lush products coming in the mail and, I had just bought a lot at the store, I was going to try and stay away from buying anymore soaps but I just couldn't stay away from Porridge. I literally had them wrap up a piece for me, put it back and then in a moment of weakness decided to purchase it.
I can't tell you how AMAZING this soap smells. It smells like a fresh baked oatmeal cookie. It lathers so well and is really moisturizing because of all the oats that are packed in. I literally have the softest skin ever!

The final thing I got was the Buffy Body Butter. I was a little hesitate about this because I have read and seen so many reviews that have not been positive. Saying that it is too abrasive as an exfoliater. However, I had a hand treatment at the store because I had a dry patch on the top of my hand that was not going away. The Lush sales associate rubbed Buffy on it and it instantly took it away. I was really shocked! It also did not feel half as bad as everyone made it out to be. It isn't the best smelling product they have on the market either.

That's all for my Lush Haul. As soon as I get my other products in the mail I will post some more. Let me know if you have tried any of these products and your opinions on them:)

0 comments: